Tuesday, July 13, 2010

popsicles

It was hot here today.  At last.  Tonight when I got home I opened all the windows, turned on the fan, and thought to myself, finally, finally it feels like summertime.  And as I puttered around in my bare feet, watering my geraniums, and thinking vaguely about a dinner of corn on the cob, it hit me.  Popsicles.  That's what I wanted for dinner.  What could be more summery and refreshing?  Popsicles are grass-underfoot-running-through-the-sprinklers-cicadas-singing-in-the-trees perfect summer food.  And if it were not for the three hour freezing time and my rampant laziness, I would have run right to the kitchen to make these watermelon popsicles.  

In my defense, I didn't have all the ingredients.  Okay, I didn't have fresh mint (I'm working hard to justify my laziness here), but I'm sure the mint is essential to a recipe of only five ingredients.  Tonight I settled for a slice of watermelon.  It's supposed to be hot all week.  Tomorrow I buy mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment